Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Home-link?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I just ordered a '16 S3 Prestige, 19" Performance with red calipers in Monsoon Gray/blk. I see when ordering the Prestige package the home-link option is not available. Apparently the car has no home-link if it is a Prestige. Is there a way to add a home-link to the car? Thanks in advance. Michael

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
I have a '15 Premium Plus with Homelink. Have you tried to contact your salesman?

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome from another Mike. Did you order the Sports seats? For some odd reason Audi doesn't allow the Homelink option with the S Sport Seat package.

OP
Cairo94507
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I did not order the sport seats. I have sent an email to the dealership to get a definitive answer. Thanks for the help.

ScoobyS3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Welcome from another Mike. Did you order the Sports seats? For some odd reason Audi doesn't allow the Homelink option with the S Sport Seat package.
Is that why my car doesn't have it? They told me it's an option done at the port. Wonder my upgraded seats cause a "downgrade" of other convenience features!

OP
Cairo94507
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
Audi is apparently smoking crack - How the heck do sport seats have any possible connection with the HomeLink? BTW, my car does not have sort seats and I still could not get HomeLink via the car order.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
audi believes that the electrical interference from the nonpowered seats will cause the instruments panels to circumvent and direct a polar charge to the homelinks radio signal wave of symmetry. with the bond dipoles it can cancel each other out with the molecular structure of ammonia, which has a covelant bond of eight electrons and two lone pairs of hydrogen atoms. those atoms will inadvertently cause a negative discharge in the wrong direction of the current flow which will hurt they cash flow with opertations rather than financial activities. either way it will or will not be superficial with the positive poles which usually are larger in diameter than the up positon of the seats that are no longer there but if on conjuction with the upward movement of the headrest in the rear compartment the negative terminal of the battery will be connected to the vehicles chassis and the positive live wire which is connected to the various systems will not come full round with the homelink. [facepalm]

....and that's why, I too have no clue why I wasn't allowed get homelink in my car either?! [dunno]

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Lol

audi believes that the electrical interference from the nonpowered seats will cause the instruments panels to circumvent and direct a polar charge to the homelinks radio signal wave of symmetry. With the bond dipoles it can cancel each other out with the molecular structure of ammonia, which has a covelant bond of eight electrons and two lone pairs of hydrogen atoms. Those atoms will inadvertently cause a negative discharge in the wrong direction of the current flow which will hurt they cash flow with opertations rather than financial activities. Either way it will or will not be superficial with the positive poles which usually are larger in diameter than the up positon of the seats that are no longer there but if on conjuction with the upward movement of the headrest in the rear compartment the negative terminal of the battery will be connected to the vehicles chassis and the positive live wire which is connected to the various systems will not come full round with the homelink. [facepalm]

....and that's why, i too have no clue why i wasn't allowed get homelink in my car either?! [dunno]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
I have a 2016 S3. I was very surprised to learn my car had no Homelink when I received it. Would I pay to have it installed? Yes I would but no more than $100. Hard to believe a $60,000 car has no Homelink when my previous S4s both had it. Can't believe Audi cheaped out with this option. Is there a cheap aftermarket Homelink I could install?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Yup Audi dropped the ball with the lack of standard home link and memory seat in the car.

I have a 2016 S3. I was very surprised to learn my car had no Homelink when I received it. Would I pay to have it installed? Yes I would but no more than $100. Hard to believe a $60,000 car has no Homelink when my previous S4s both had it. Can't believe Audi cheaped out with this option. Is there a cheap aftermarket Homelink I could install?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Yup Audi dropped the ball with the lack of standard home link and memory seat in the car.
My car was fully loaded including sport seats. I can get by without Homelink but no memory seats really upsets me as my wife is 9 inches shorter than me. Ever time I get in the car after her I'm adjusting everything. In my former S4s I only had to adjust the rearview mirror. Anyway, life goes on.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
home link is available but just not with certain options. it makes no sense but they do have it. they also wont let you buy it yourself. as for installation costs, its more than 100 because they are only allowing dealerships to buy the units and install them. so I got quoted for installation and unit at around $600.00

SW_S3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
I have the sport seats with homelink. Here is my window sticker. Why do they cal it homelink? It is just a $295 garage door opener, right?

sticker.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 9.54.50 AM.png

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Thanks men. My car is a 2016. I don't plan on keeping this car much longer as I'll most likely be getting a RS3 once released. I generally keep my cars for two years then move on to the next one. I put too many kilometres on per year so I unload them every two years. I may pass this car over to my son if he can afford the insurance which will be costly as he is only 22. Here in Canada men get hosed for insurance until they hit 25. Anyway......

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
your not familiar with the brand ill help you out.

http://www.homelink.com/home/welcome

What Is HomeLink?

HomeLink? is the world?s most widely trusted and used vehicle-based wireless control system. It conveniently and safely enables you to open and close your garage door and front gate, activate and deactivate your home?s security system, and turn on or off your interior and exterior lighting, appliances and electronics. All from three buttons, smartly integrated into your automobile?s interior.

when you have powers seats in the s3 they don't want you to have it installed.
when you have the sports seats it will not be allowed to be installed at the port. when you install at the port there is no installation charge.
when you get it installed afterwards they will charge you an installation charge of 300 or so.

many have theorized why the powered seats disrupts their ability to install the garage door remote as you stated.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
after all this time i just recently was able to order the home link from audi. and the price went down. the part number has also been revised as of 5/2020

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i just installed it. yay!