City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
so i have mapped out the plan to get the car faster. i have decided to do the downpipe first and then do the map install a little shortly later.

i have been holding off till all the bugs are out of the car and the warranty has been fully exhausted.

im excited to get this thing faster. today a v6 tacoma was able to keep up or even overtake me from a light. it might be tuned as i believe they are around 276hp.
so i need to get this at a higher level. im hoping to get it into the 340whp if possible with a dp.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #2
i recently did the downpipe.

i have not had a chance to really drive it too much without the map installed yet but i wanted to see more if the dp does much alone. even a little would be a good test. i still have the accessport ready to install at any time at home. day or night.

the dp was a pain to install on the floor, even with some prep work. i think without the prep work it would have been nearly impossible for me to do it with floor jacks.

the prep work i did was i had a muffler shop cut the oem pipe in half and reconnect with a joint sleeve to drive around in. this made the stock dp much easier to maneuver while i was on the ground. and even with that, it was pretty hard.

at this point, i have the dp on and i kept the stock exhaust. sounds fine just need to get to the new sound. most people complain about how loud it is. its not a huge amount more but the tone of the sound is a huge difference. also you making a semi-luxury car more aggressive and the shock of the new louder changed tone makes it harder to handle for most. i totally get that complaint. i think it needs a few more months of driving it around to see if its something that is too much or not. as stock it wasn't even loud. on these cars we can also add in the oem mid-muffler which should change the tone and loudness as well.

i used a j-spacer to make sure i dont get a check engine light -cel. so far after a month it has not shown up.