City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
Hello Everyone, Just clocked a little over 1300 miles on the car after owning it for 3 weeks.
This morning I was able to replace the Stock Turbo Inlet Pipe with the O34 Motorsport "3 inch" And rubber inlet Tube. I will be keeping the Stock Air Box for the time being however I did replace the stock air filter with a Drop in filter. I do have the APR Carbon Fiber ( Whistle) Intake from my previous car, Still debating if I keep or sell it... More updates as I slowly continue on this build. Waiting for my NGK racing spark plugs and Coil packs to arrive. Then going for stage 1 Tune. Audi S3 02.jpg Audi S3 03.jpg Audi S3 2020 06.jpg

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
So envious of the virtual cockpit. My engine hasn't looked that clean for several years haha.

OP
DirtyBankS3
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
Thread Starter #3
Quick Update:
Found the APR Carbon Fiber Intake for a very affordable Price (dummy if I didn't buy it)
Decided to guy with small detail adding the Gold underneath the Filter. ( comment Below thoughts idea)

Overall The intake simply just makes the engine bay look nice.
Perfomance wise: No difference at all basically all noise.

Audi S3 01.jpg Audi S3 027.jpg Audi S3 026.jpg Audi S3 028.jpg Audi S3 029.jpg

OP
DirtyBankS3
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
Thread Starter #4
Quick Update:
So I decided to go with the COBB Access Port and uploaded the Stage 1 tune and DSG tune ( sport).
The car feels a lot more responsive than stock
but still has some lag on mid 4th gear which is due to the base map.
My plan is to keep the stock map till the car reaches 6,000 Miles then get a custom tune on E85.
Although with all these Emission regulations I don't think I will be putting a downpipe which is the main key to making power on these motors.
Overall I can't get enough of this car and how much fun it is to drive.
Audi S3 COBB .jpg

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i just got a custom tune on the cobb ap. you should do it. its not that bad for the price from most tuners. i had no choice but to get the remote tune.

it will give you more whp if you do it over stage 1 and 2.

Last edited:
OP
DirtyBankS3
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
Thread Starter #6
i just got a custom tune on the cobb ap. you should do it. its not that bad of a pice from most tuners. i had no choice but to get the remote tune.

it will give you more whp if you do it over stage 1 and 2.
]

where did you get the custom tune, I have been debating for the past couple of weeks on What parts to buy and who to get tuned by.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i got it from a local tuner. i would not recommend him. he lacks customer service, as in keeping up to date with my emails and contacts. even his office worker says he lacks it. the tuner is also the owner.
the tunes are better than off-the-shelf maps but definitely could be way better if he would just be more off his azz with the work.
the tunes i ask for are to make sure i get the best mpg and then max out the power gains.
so far the mpg is much better. im netting around an extra 70-90 miles more on a tank of fuel.i did pay for a second map that allows me to run 87oct. for those days i need to cut back on costs. i haven't tried it yet since he has not responded back to me with my new updates of how the map is working.

once i finish ill post up the location name but don't go there. try elsewhere since its all remote tuning now. if i had known i wouldn't have gone there.

i only have the downpipe. worth the fun but the hassle is there and they are not allowed to turn off the cel. the dp has some fun aspects. the sound. its really fun to rev it hard. it creates a fun factor that you want. nothing annoying like an aftermarket muffler would create. it does allow better flow but even with the stock turbo its way over the top for power. more flow than the turbo seems to need.

again, never had an issue with more air so an intake will not be needed. the only thing i can tell you that would net you more power is to reduce hot air. so the short ram intake that these mnfg sells are reusing hot air from the engine bay. the stock intake is the best so far, still pulls in air from outside the engine bay. if there is an aftermarket one that is a real cold air intake i would go for one of those as well. it will pull air from outside the engine. these engines don't need more air so much as they need cooler air.
as advice, i would put back the stock intake box. unless you enjoy the sound then keep it but you would be giving up some hp on the table if you do keep it.

when i was doing data log runs, we are watching for knock. hot air creates horrible knock in these engines. it makes it so that the engine will reduce ignition timing which will rob you of power. and yes i know that using e85 and such will band-aid the problem but i don't believe in doing that. its such a waste of money and time. i would rather save that extra money and get steady stable power like a new turbo or other parts. those will give you more reliable power.

so find parts that will reduce the knock. 3 items come to mind and 1 maintenance. these aftermarket parts are way better as it may have either a larger capacity or have higher flow than stocker. also most often the quality will be better too.
1. intercooler
2. radiator
3. front two supporting coolers. located on the left and right of the front lower part of the car.

maintenance process.
1. clean the engine of carbon. aka carbon cleaning the valves.
this is a huge issue with our engines. if you are past 50k miles since your last cleaning or of age, clean it. it makes a huge difference. even if it doesn't look bad when you open it up. clean it. any little bit will cause issues with power, mpg, and any other related problems.
i would have to say its near on the top of my list to do every 50k. get a good set of tools and keep it handy. learn to do it as its should be a regular maintenance service.

Last edited:

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
So envious of the virtual cockpit. My engine hasn't looked that clean for several years haha.
but he isn't able to lower his center screen like the pre models can.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i wanted to also add that many people forgot about maintenance. oil seems to be the only thing that everyone concentrates on but the other fluid changes are also vital.

coolant
transmission fluid.
haldex
brake fluids
bevel box

these are the bare minimum items that should be changed out sooner than most people do.

OP
DirtyBankS3
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
Thread Starter #10
So today I finally went Stage 2 on the Car.
out of all the Downpipes available I went with the CTS 3.5 Downpipe and currently getting tuned by 5150. I also upgraded the Spark plugs ( NGK Racing RS7)
And RS3 Coil packs from APR
Audi S3 040.jpg Audi S3 037.jpg Audi S3 039.jpg

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
how does the new map feel?

OP
DirtyBankS3
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
Thread Starter #12
how does the new map feel?
Runs solid, Way smoother than the base map from COBB. I have to double look at the cluster cause it picks up and goes. lol

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
nice. make sure if you can get a new custom tune for any new performance mods. you'll gain more fun power.
i think my next mods that i want are the intercooler and radiator upgrades. that will definitely give more power on the mid and upper rev band range

OP
DirtyBankS3
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
Thread Starter #14
nice. make sure if you can get a new custom tune for any new performance mods. you'll gain more fun power.
i think my next mods that i want are the intercooler and radiator upgrades. that will definitely give more power on the mid and upper rev band range
I ordered charge pipes and intercooler, mainly more for drivability than performance since during summer time I tend to drive more to the office and Miami has hot weather all year long

OP
DirtyBankS3
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
Thread Starter #15
Installed the APR Charge Pipes & BMS Intercooler.
The stock intake box didn't fit back correctly due to the charge pipes being a bit thicker.
Audi S3 047.jpg
Audi S3 045.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
DirtyBankS3
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
Thread Starter #16
Added the APR Oil Catch can this weekend. As of now the car currently has all Supporting Bolt-ons, on a stock turbo still running on a stock Fuel Pump.

Also added the Black Badges

Overall Review:
The car is running solid with no hick-ups or hesitation.

I do find a difference in upgrading the Intercooler and Chargepipes. Highly recommend doing this modification, The car drives solid and also gets 33 MPG on my daily commute.

Car throttle response is just on point, definitely happy with how this build is coming along.

Tune:
Currently on the 5150 Racing Custom Tune 93Oct / Stock Pump
DSG Tune: 5150 Racing Custom ( Boost by gear)
Boost: spikes 34 PSI and hold 28.4 LBS
Torque: 412 LBS
HP: No Idea.. anywhere from 350 - 400 perhaps
Drivability: Drives like OEM/ Balls to the Wall!!

Audi S3 053.jpg
Audi S3 054.jpg
Audi S3 055.jpg

Last edited: