Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Hey guys.

I've been debating on putting a stock airbox back on. Does an aftermarket intake do anything but make noise? I just can't see my neuspeed intake doing anything but sucking in more hot air from the engine bay. I could see if the engine was naturally aspirated. But I would think on a turbo it wouldn't matter. My car came with this intake so I have nothing to compare it too.

What's your opinion?

intake.JPG

Last edited:

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i was actually thinking of doing a cold air from the stock air box. but i am not able to find a good way to make the front look good with an air funnel. i did a really nice one on my sti before but the front of the audi is shapped really differently to make it work.

OP
ViperG

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Thread Starter #3
My biggest issue was that oiled filters filter out less and mess up maf sensors. I did solve that with an AEM dryflow so I'm happy with that solution for now.
Here's a link if anyone is also looking to switch to a dry filter AEM 21-203DK Universal DryFlow
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N253HA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did the extra water prevention bag cover but I don't think I really need it with this setup but can't hurt to be safe.

20190825_142357.jpg 20190825_142349.jpg

Last edited:

RGT03

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I don’t know anything about AEM but the integrated engineering intake was highly recommended by my local tuner. They give pretty good gains especially if you pair with the turbo inlet. Their filters are oil-less type too. I believe they have an improved generation arriving around Jan 8.

s3dsg

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Hey guys.

I've been debating on putting a stock airbox back on. Does an aftermarket intake do anything but make noise? I just can't see my neuspeed intake doing anything but sucking in more hot air from the engine bay. I could see if the engine was naturally aspirated. But I would think on a turbo it wouldn't matter. My car came with this intake so I have nothing to compare it too.

What's your opinion?

View attachment 486
I might have something for you that I developed called Air Blade - moderator take this post and link down if it is a violation
https://www.remotesystems.com/air-blade-easy-install