City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Yeah honestly I didn't notice any loss of traction with the 225 18" they performed well for me. Maybe I'll try something similar on my next 19" and go with the 235/40 since a smoother ride is what I'm after with the same appearance. If I'm reading the measurements correctly the second number is a percentage of the width. So the 235/40/19"'s will give me 4mm over my 18's
so the side walls would be:
94mm 235/40/19"
82mm 235/35/19"
90mm 225/40/18"
85.7mm 245/35/19"
89mm 255/35/19"

Wonder if it would look stupid 12mm more sidewall on the 19's or even fit?

Last edited:

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Man they are pretty I did miss them. We'll see how I feel after the ride to work tomorrow :). Sorry If I'm posting to much in your thread but tires are fun.
Going in Tuesday to get all 3 of my cars re-tinted I miss the side tint as well. I'm surprised I haven't received a ticket for the headlight and taillight tint yet.

20190811_183937.jpg

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #23
no problem. post away here.

im still curious on how your able to adjust for the off readings on the speedo with different tire sizes?

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
no problem. post away here.

im still curious on how your able to adjust for the off readings on the speedo with different tire sizes?
I haven't researched that yet. I know back in the day I would put a different gear in the transmission to spedo but I'm sure that's not the case these days.
I'd be willing to mess up the mph and millage reading for bigger tires since it would actually reduce the miles I'm putting on the car :)

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #25
i see, there is a way to set the wheel diam rotation in vcds but we need the security code and a procedure to do it. if you can get that then we can set our speedo correctly.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Nice that's much easier, well maybe if you can ever get the code.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
how is the fitment with the 225/40's that should be what a 90mm side wall? any clearance issues? Have a picture of them on the car?

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #28
im on stock suspension. no issues with that fitment. i still have not had time to take any pics yet.
it does look like the gap in the fenders are less now than before.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
bit the bullet just ordered 255/35/19's I want to see if they fit. wish me luck. It really looks like I have plenty of room with my 8.5" rims. I hope it's not a thousand dollar mistake. Hey gotta try different things to see what works. It will be amazing if I can get a wider tire and more comfort with the look I like.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #30
congrats!

im super happy to see another tester. someone who isnt afraid to try. thats what modifying is all about. no fear and be the first to attempt shit and not cut corners. keep us posted

what are the model and brand of the tires?

255 over all should fit.

so far with mine. the 40 series is really good at absorbing any imperfection in the road but I have noticed that the car is more wobbly compared to the 35 series. not as stable when doing a lot of agressive sharp turns.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #31
oh ill try to get it cleaned up so i can take some photos of it now that i have both the rear camber kit and toe kit installed.
i think it will look much better once i lower it with some bc racing coilovers or feal coilovers. currently bc racing seems like a more affordable choice.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I'm going for an all season the Continental DWS 06. I'm not really an aggressive driver so I'd like something that I can keep on year round and if it works out maybe I'll sell my 18's.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
i see, there is a way to set the wheel diam rotation in vcds but we need the security code and a procedure to do it. if you can get that then we can set our speedo correctly.
Just looked at my OBDEleven app I see a Wheel Circ. option in long coding so I maybe able to adjust it with that. I'll keep you posted once I get the new tires. I'll probably start a new thread on the experience, fitment and any adjustments I need to make. The tires should be here in a day or two then I have to make some time to have them mounted.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #35
nice find, i have heard of this on it before but no one was able to confirm. i hope it works for you. if it does ill get one myself.

Last edited: