hot temps causes the s3 2015 to stay at a higher RPM range, anyone else noticed this?

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
yesterday in socal the temps were very high. we got in to the high 100's degrees F.

in normal temps around 90 degrees or lower my car, 2015 S3, always attempts to get into 1.5 RPM range even if it means to race to the 6th gear. when it does this it can cause the engine to lug because of the low gear, low speeds, low rpm.

but when the temps are above 100 degrees i noticed it will keep the engine RPM around 2k or above with a lower gear. as the temps reached as high as 111 degrees the car kept the rpms around 3k rpm. at that range i had noticed it was willing to keep the gear at 4th and on highway speeds.

has anyone noticed this? any explanation?

AK47JO

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Arab Emirates
What I Drive
S3
yesterday in socal the temps were very high. we got in to the high 100's degrees F.

in normal temps around 90 degrees or lower my car, 2015 S3, always attempts to get into 1.5 RPM range even if it means to race to the 6th gear. when it does this it can cause the engine to lug because of the low gear, low speeds, low rpm.

but when the temps are above 100 degrees i noticed it will keep the engine RPM around 2k or above with a lower gear. as the temps reached as high as 111 degrees the car kept the rpms around 3k rpm. at that range i had noticed it was willing to keep the gear at 4th and on highway speeds.

has anyone noticed this? any explanation?
Mine does the same thing, even tried changing the car settings to comfort or efficient but that didn't help, it's very annoying I have to say! No idea what the explanation is though... someone... help?

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #3
i saw someone post up on facebook that they and others who had vw GTI, golf R, and other audi S3 had the same issues in socal.

i think there is a temp sensor that also affects the control module in the transmission