City
Nederland
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport
I’m seriously considering buying a 2024 and I’m hoping someone here can help me figure out if it’s right for me. I have some back problems that make most cars uncomfortable on trips of more than, say, an hour. The tip of my tailbone ends up in excruciating pain if the seats aren’t well padded. For instance, my wife has a 2022 Subaru Outback, and I’m dying when I get out of that thing after a similar trip. My 2012 Jeep Wrangler is easier on me. Go figure. So I need some input on the seats of the Mk8 R. Bonus points if you have similar back issues.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i had/ have back issues myself.
have = its still there if i do something wrong. but i cured it for the most part since i figured out what the main issue is. mind you have been to many doctors and they attempted to fix it but made it worse.

had = its no longer an issue unless i do the same stupid thing again to have it happen.

the seats are just one part to fix your pain but make sure the car itself has some soft suspension.
you can try to go with some Recaro seats. they not only make sporty track seats but they offer some super comfy seats.

SCJsR

Reactions
City
Hermosa Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2024 Golf R
I’m seriously considering buying a 2024 and I’m hoping someone here can help me figure out if it’s right for me. I have some back problems that make most cars uncomfortable on trips of more than, say, an hour. The tip of my tailbone ends up in excruciating pain if the seats aren’t well padded. For instance, my wife has a 2022 Subaru Outback, and I’m dying when I get out of that thing after a similar trip. My 2012 Jeep Wrangler is easier on me. Go figure. So I need some input on the seats of the Mk8 R. Bonus points if you have similar back issues.
I too have back issues. My issues are such that I ride certain motorcycles very comfortably and am comfortable in a wide Ford Raptor seat. I needed a car but wanted a quick / fast / small car that would be fun to drive... and wouldn't kill my back. The Civic seat is awful. The Subaru and Corolla are not as bad but not good. The Acura seat is OK but low. When I strained for visibility, my back suffered. The VW R seats were the best for me and other features impressed me, so I bought it. It turns out, it is the most comfortable vehicle I own. I read every review of everything. I have engaged in second-guessing MANY times. With this car I just think why would anyone who wants anything like this ever buy anything but this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Volkswagen Golf R Discussions 1