State
Non-US
Country
Greece
What I Drive
Audi TT
Hello everyone,

My name is Michael, and i am a Mechanical Engineer
I would love to become an owner of an S3 / RS3 but this can be wait for some time.
I am a co-owner of a newly formed company (MB Engineering Intelligence) that launches a product (Inlet / Intake manifold) for the automotive industry specially to the 2.0 TSI - TFSI engines of the VW - Audi Group.

Basic specs are :
1) Dual Plenum with geometrical designed flow strangulation so it can perform the maximum even at the low revs.
2) 1 to 5 Optional Water / Methanol injectors.
3) 4 optional fuel injectors + Fuel Rail bar.
4) Wider input for larger Throttle.
5) Increased Volume Supply with CFD simulation study for the maximum flow efficiency.

The official production release will commence at June. Until then we have some prototypes in our hands which we are continuously improving and testing.
I would love to share with you the progress of our inlet manifold and get you updated regarding the test and Dyno results on our concept car.

00102521_MB_Assy_DFM.jpg

Excuse my extend introduction but i am really enthusiast for the sport.

Happy to be a member of your team!
Keep safe and passion motivated.

Best Regards,

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Hello everyone,

I would love to become an owner of an S3 / RS3 but this can be wait for some time.
I am a co-owner of a newly formed company (MB Engineering Intelligence) that launches a product (Inlet / Intake manifold) for the automotive industry specially to the 2.0 TSI - TFSI engines of the VW - Audi Group.

Basic specs are :
1) Dual Plenum with geometrical designed flow strangulation so it can perform the maximum even at the low revs.
5) Increased Volume Supply with CFD simulation study for the maximum flow efficiency.

The official production release will commence at June. Until then we have some prototypes in our hands which we are continuously improving and testing.
I would love to share with you the progress of our inlet manifold and get you updated regarding the test and Dyno results on our concept car.

View attachment 1217

Best Regards,
interesting product. looks good with the photo. i was recently working on that area for maintenance so i had to remove the stock one. i can see there could be improvements on the OEM part.
one thing that comes to mind is that the stock has flaps. yours does not. what can we do about that issue?
does yours have smooth runners inside? as i can see there is a bunch of areas in the ports on the engine side that could use smoothing out for better flow and fewer carbon deposits.
are all the areas that need to be transferred, OEM pnp or is there going to be modifications?

i would also like to see a unit that allows easy cleaning. since we have to do carbon cleaning often, how easy can i clean this?
another part that people forget is the gaskets. how easy is it to get new ones. are they simple designs that i can buy anywhere or are they going to be special and need to be bought from you all the time? most don't know that when we remove them after a few heat cycles, it will need to be replaced. if your business is to close down or discontinue support for this product we would need a way to get new gaskets. or this product just becomes a heavy paperweight.

also for the right angle of the throttle body inlet, how much room do we have since its original position is pointed downward.

more photos of all angels would be great. including what i looks like in the engine bay once installed. i am curious how the fitment works out as there is not much room.

can you post a link to your official web page with this product and info of our company?

you should ask the owner of this site to see if you can advertise your new product first.
but as for advertising on here, it would be nice if you offer members here a continuous deal not offered elsewhere once you are approved by the owner. i think both sides would benefit.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Hello everyone,

Basic specs are :

View attachment 1217

Best Regards,
Would love to see the performance results

OP
M

MB E.I.

Reactions
City
Athens
State
Non-US
Country
Greece
What I Drive
Audi TT
Thread Starter #4
interesting product. looks good with the photo. i was recently working on that area for maintenance so i had to remove the stock one. i can see there could be improvements on the OEM part.
one thing that comes to mind is that the stock has flaps. yours does not. what can we do about that issue?
does yours have smooth runners inside? as i can see there is a bunch of areas in the ports on the engine side that could use smoothing out for better flow and fewer carbon deposits.
are all the areas that need to be transferred, OEM pnp or is there going to be modifications?

i would also like to see a unit that allows easy cleaning. since we have to do carbon cleaning often, how easy can i clean this?
another part that people forget is the gaskets. how easy is it to get new ones. are they simple designs that i can buy anywhere or are they going to be special and need to be bought from you all the time? most don't know that when we remove them after a few heat cycles, it will need to be replaced. if your business is to close down or discontinue support for this product we would need a way to get new gaskets. or this product just becomes a heavy paperweight.

also for the right angle of the throttle body inlet, how much room do we have since its original position is pointed downward.

more photos of all angels would be great. including what i looks like in the engine bay once installed. i am curious how the fitment works out as there is not much room.

can you post a link to your official web page with this product and info of our company?

you should ask the owner of this site to see if you can advertise your new product first.
but as for advertising on here, it would be nice if you offer members here a continuous deal not offered elsewhere once you are approved by the owner. i think both sides would benefit.
Dear 92683,
First, I want to thank you for accurately appointing fair notices. Without doubt you have solid knowledge specially to the maintenance field considering what you highlighted as critical nodes.
Let me reply to each of these concerns, which also ourselves faced throughout the product design phases.
1) Not having flaps is something that you consider as an issue, allow me to state that the issue (from an overall perspective) is the flaps themselves and that conclusion is coming through tests results and brainstorming. It would be great if somebody opened a dedicated thread so we can discuss it in depth with the community!
2) Smooth surfaces that are related to better flow is just a myth, we ran some physical simulation tests so we can prove it ourselves. Of course, if somebody is going to smooth out an existing rough surface and test it before and afterwards, on a flow bench, he may notice a change, let’s take into consideration that this is not due to the surface smoothening, but rather to the volume capacity changed when trimming out material.
3) Carbon deposits can only be eliminated if the engine fumes are driven to an external tank rather than back to the air supply. So, since this is something that most owners will avoid going with, we have included as a “Preventive Plan Maintenance” the cleaning of the manifold (if desired), with a design intent solution, by splitting the manifold in 2 parts, where each one can easily disassemble the plenum from the manifold. This way, it’s an easily cleaning without the need of removing the manifold out of the block. As for the consumables, there is no need to worry, since all the spare parts of the manifold are of the shelf, that way you can procure them from anywhere, exactly for this reason that you highlighted.
4) The design of the angle of the input (throttle body) was the most time consuming of the project with running several simulations to go with the most efficient concept, we had to get out the best possible results. This is one of the advantages of the 2-plenum chamber. (I cannot give further info in public for this R&D stuff, at least not that soon :D). The room left in the engine bay is sufficient, we apply reverse engineering by 3D scanning the engine bay and get the design within it!

Last but not least you capture this right for asking the permission of the owner of the site, but I am a little bit benumbed with the rules and generally joining to a community, it's been almost like a decade since the last time I did. The most important is that I didn’t think of it as an advertise entirely since we do not have yet the product produced but more as sharing my passion of the journey of our product! To consider we don’t even have created an official site.

It's out of question that we for sure are going to make a special deal – offer when the time comes and after communicating with the owner, for all the members of the community!

Again, thanks for bringing these on and appointing your concerns, that’s exactly why I initially signed up here!

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
thank you for the updated info. sounds like a plan.
only the owner of the site can make any final decisions. out of courtesy, i would recommend asking if it is deemed as an advertisement from the owner's perspective. it wouldn't be a negative request for an overview but to avoid any future complications. i would like to see more new innovations flowing through here myself.
in the end we are only here to help members and the owner to ensure everything flows.

as for your future commercial product.
I am interested to see your final development, sales, and implementation.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VWFan New Golf R Member Introduction 2