P0171 system too lean

blondieee

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
So I've posted before but never really got many replies but I'm really stuck and just don't know where to go from here.

Car is holding revs, loss of power and fairly hesitant.

I started off with a boost leak and since its been repaired my car has ran worse than ever and this code started happening.

Maf wasn't working as well as it should so has been replaced.
Dv has been replaced for the newest revision.
New spark plugs.
New fuel filter.
New n80 valve.
New n75 after it was snapped.

After testing a lot of these parts were due for change and not working correctly but it hasn't made a bit of difference to my problems really.

Long term fuel trim are sitting at 25%. I'm going through petrol like it's going out of fashion, and I thought it was bad enough owning an s3!

I'm feel like there is a bad connection under inlet manifold, so I'm going to strip and check tomorrow which I think might be the reason my revs are sticking but I'm at a dead end in terms of my lean running engine. Someone help a girl out?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

bakedcorn

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Dumb question - have you checked the oil level and does it smell like fuel???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

blondieee

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Dumb question - have you checked the oil level and does it smell like fuel???

Yes I have, I topped it up yesterday, but yes i think it does smell like fuel, I'll have another smell today . What's your thinking?

OP
B

blondieee

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I want to also add, it doesn't run lean at idle, fairly rich after taking it for a drive and long term trims being at 25%, it seems like under load is the killer. I have also smoke tested it more than once, I have also tested the brake servo, incase it was leaking vaccum but all the tests I have done points to it being fine. I'm 99% sure it's not a vaccum leak, as I stopped getting the code at idle after replacing the dipstick.

bakedcorn

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
I just happen to come across this video on youtube when I saw your post. Not sure if your issue could be somehow related to the findings in the video.

View: https://youtu.be/GlK-BZuq8K8

OP
B

blondieee

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
I just happen to come across this video on youtube when I saw your post. Not sure if your issue could be somehow related to the findings in the video.

View: https://youtu.be/GlK-BZuq8K8

I'm not sure, it seems in the video they have a rich condition caused by a leaking fuel pump, I'm sure if that was my issue it would be running rich rather than lean.. I have an upgraded loba fuel pump so I'm 80% sure this isn't the cause but I'm learning to not rule things out completely! Lol thankyou!