City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
sounds like limp home mode which stops you at 4000rpm if it lost the connection to a sensor or sensor failure. Did it give a check engine light? You should be able to pull the code with a scan tool like OBDEleven.

OP
Kevin Wilkinson
Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #4
Yea lost power won’t go over 20 mph but no light on dash I’ve plugged it and nothing comes up

OP
Kevin Wilkinson
Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #6
sounds like limp home mode which stops you at 4000rpm if it lost the connection to a sensor or sensor failure. Did it give a check engine light? You should be able to pull the code with a scan tool like OBDEleven.[/QUOTEno light on dash and I’ve done it no faults

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Also have you checked all the turbo hoses to see if anything is loose?

OP
Kevin Wilkinson
Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #8
Also have you checked all the turbo hoses to see if anything is loose?
No I will in the morning it’s not gone anywhere so shouldn’t of come lose it’s prob run for a hour in 6 month

OP
Kevin Wilkinson
Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #9
There was a engine management lift on it said misfire multiple plugs but I realised as was told it was cuz engine not run it’s happend 2/3 times now and now this could it be related ?

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I would think it's related if you're clearing codes multiple times. Maybe fouled plugs or coil packs from sitting? Was it the same cylinders each time? If it was move the coil pack to a good cylinder and see if the code moves. Or it's a damn mouse I've had them chew hoses and wiring in cars that I wouldn't drive during the winter.

OP
Kevin Wilkinson
Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #11
I would think it's related if you're clearing codes multiple times. Maybe fouled plugs or coil packs from sitting? Was it the same cylinders each time? If it was move the coil pack to a good cylinder and see if the code moves. Or it's a damn mouse I've had them chew hoses and wiring in cars that I wouldn't drive during the winter.
Yea same ones all time u got told t erase as it’s just with not running enough so you think it could be that ? I hope so

OP
Kevin Wilkinson
Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #12
None are showing now

OP
Kevin Wilkinson
Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #13
And since limp mode none av been on

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I think it takes a few trips after a code reset for the car to run a full diag again. I know I've cleared codes too soon before inspection and they could not run emissions until the car had driven more.
I had to drive it to work a couple days before I was able to go back. Not sure if there's a full reset of limp mode on the Audi I think I read some other brands a 15 minute battery disconnect would reset limp mode.
Not sure about the S3. I guess it would be pretty difficult to drive it around at 20mph for any distance to see if the code comes back. I'd probably still switch one of the coil packs that threw the code to see if it moves to a different cylinder if the code comes back then you know for sure that it's a faulty coil.

OP
Kevin Wilkinson
Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #15
It was all cylinder misfires so must b plugs what if I run it for phew hours in tick over you think they may come back on also il take battery off tmoz n leave off for a day see if it resets self pain in ass this

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Yeah probably not a coil/coils if it's all of them. Good luck man always a pain if the code doesn't point you directly to the problem. At least it's not your daily would be a long trip to work at 20mph :)

OP
Kevin Wilkinson
Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #17
Cheers pal I hope it is that

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
OP
Kevin Wilkinson
Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #19
Hi viper all is good it went in to fail safe mode as the plugs were the wrong ones and had burnt out so was flooding hence not starting or going over 4000rpm there was still oil in it and the coolant was ok must not of run Lon b4 it cut out so she will be bk very shortly :) relived was gutted thought I’d ruined her

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Fantastic glad to hear that it will be a relatively simple fix. (y)