City
Calgary
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Golf R
Hello, I have a NewSouth Performance boost sensor installed in my 2013 golf R. I am only making about 4 psi of boost and the car feels sluggish. I think when I bought the R (second hand, 1 year ago) I was getting about 12-13psi. I checked the line to see if there was any damage. Nothing is amiss. I did see a cable that seemed to go nowhere though. It is shown in the attached image. However, this is probably unrelated. Any ideas on what could be causing this low pressure. Is there something wrong with the turbo or might this be an easy fix? The turbo acts properly in that it responds to my acceleration, the pressure just doesn't build very high. I am stage 1 tuned. I think the boost pressure has steadily decreased ever since I've owned it. Also, the boost gauge is ticking. I think this is because I don't have a restrictor pill orifice fitting installed. Is there any place to buy one of these orifice fittings separately?

Also, I was unable to remove the battery from its mount. Is there something that holds the battery on (other than the terminals)? I yanked at it with quite a bit of force and it wouldn't budge.

Thanks for any help. I am a total car noob haha, but I love tinkering around with this car and figuring things out.

Attachments